Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Houghton and Wyton Parish Council

Emergency Contacts

If you see a problem please contact the relevant agency directly and also let the Parish Clerk know so that the Parish Council is aware and can follow up to ensure a resolution.


Parish Flood Plan - click on Community Flood Plan in documents below.

Click on the links below for additional information - 

  Environment Agency      Prepare for flooding       Flood warnings                 Flood map

There are 2 relevant documents in the HDC & Cambs CC section of the document library which describes landowners rights and responsibilities for waterways on or near their land (Riparian rights).

If you wish to report flooding, that did not result in an emergency call, for it to be recorded, then email the Cambridgeshire County Council Flood Team at This will help them gather information on flooding trends.

If you are not sure who to call then look at the Decision Chart document below.

Documents regarding flooding.

File NameLast ModifiedFile Size
APPROVED COMMUNITY FLOOD PLAN Nov 2021.pdf10 April 20222.55MB
Decision Chart Investigating and Regulating Flooding responsibilities .pdf14 January 2021877kB

Trees fallen  

 If on public road see road problems below, if on a footpath or the playing field 

inform the Parish Clerk, otherwise the landowner.


Illegal Fishing in River   

 If you see anyone illegally fishing or doing anything untoward in regard to the river area please 

immediately phone 0800 807 060 (Environment Agency) with as much detail as you can.


Road Problems   

If a road is blocked by flood, fallen tree etc. 

- first call the police on 999 or 112, as they will provide the quickest response and will provide warning signs for road users

- then also call the responsible body and let them know the police have been informed.

Road problems can be reported online at :

click on above and then click on 'report a pothole or other problem'.


Street Lights    

To report a problem click here: Balfour Beatty 


Water supply and sewers

Click to contact:  Anglian  Water  or phone 08457 145 145 

To report a leak phone - 0800 771 881


Cambridgeshire County Council 

Click for:      Emergency Contacts     for Cambridgeshire County Council.