The Parish Council plays an active part in all local planning issues and is responsible for producing and maintaining the Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish. It is probably the area of the Council's role that is best known to the community and which can be of the most importance.
Neighbourhood Plan & HDC Local Plan
At a meeting of HDC's cabinet on the 26 March 2018 an overwhelming majority voted for our Neighbourhood Plan to be "made" ( i.e. made a legal document). Our Neighbourhood Plan is now therefore a statutory document that has to be used as the basis for local planning decisions.
Our Neighbourhood Plan (HWNP) has the same legal weight as the recent Local Plan produced by HDC and a copy is available below.
The HDC's Local Plan can be accesses by clicking here
|File Name||Last Modified||File Size|
|HWNP Referendum version prepared by HDC 04 01 2018 reduced.pdf||14 August 2020||5017kB|
|Parish_Plan_action_plan_update_07.11.pdf||14 August 2020||159kB|
The Council receives copies of relevant planning applications from HDC Planning Department who request the views of the Parish Council.
The Council reviews them taking into consideration Planning Policies (HDC Local Plan and the Neighbourhood Plan) and where relevant Conservation Area guidelines and the views of neighbours.
The Council does not make planning decisions but, at the regular meetings, the applications are discussed and a proposal is voted on to decide whether to recommend to HDC that they should approve or refuse an application. HDC then makes it's own decision which can agree or disagree with PC's recommendation.
Applicants with potentially controversial applications are advised to discuss their proposals with an HDC planning officer and are also welcome to discuss it with a member of the Parish Council before submission to HDC.
Below is a list of current applications and to see all the details of an application, first make a note of the reference number or copy it, then:
- click on HDC's Planning Public Access Page and enter/paste the reference number into the search box.
- (If you do not know the application number then you can enter a single line of the address or postcode and then select from the results.)
- You will then see a description of the application. Click on "Documents and Plans", then "view associated documents" to see the results page with a list of associated documents.
- To view a document click on the left hand column (Planning Reference) and the document will download, if required you can print and or save.
- To view another document go back to the "Results" page in your browser header and repeat for the next document.
|20/01428/TREE||Old Rectory, Rectory Lane, Wyton||Holm Oak -Reduce eastern side by 3-4m.||pending|